SA Safety Limited is a Data Controller as we determine the purpose for how your personal data is processed. SA Safety Limited exercises full control of processing your personal information in a safe, secure manner.
SA Safety Limited will use your personal data to administer and deliver your training and assessment. It may be shared, as appropriate, with your employer and with the relevant accreditation awarding body. Any health or disability information you provide will be used to ensure the safety of you, other delegates and staff, or to make reasonable adjustments. We will normally retain training records for between three and six years.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email
- health and medical information where necessary to a physically demanding training course, specific requirements
- other information relevant to your course documentation “Nationality, Date of Birth, Address, Email, Contact number, Next of Kin details for emergency purposes, Photo Authorisation, Dietary Requirements, Special requirements
- previous and/or current qualifications
Lawful processing of personal data and what we do with the information we may gather
The key grounds for lawful processing of personal data by SA Safety Limited is for the legitimate interests of running a training business.
For managing employee data, processing such as payroll is necessary for the fulfilment of the employment contract.
SA Safety Limited processes health information about students to meet statutory requirements for ensuring the health and safety of them and others and providing reasonable adjustments. Staff health information is processed to meet legal obligations around sickness pay, health and safety.
Should you require additional information regarding how to contact the above companies for further information please do not hesitate to contact us via telephone (07870488006), email or writing. Post: SA Safety Limited, Homers Lane, Kingsteignton, Devon, TQ12 3AE. Email: [email protected]
We also may require this information to understand your needs and provide you with safe, professional service, and for the following reasons:
- client data that is generated from each training course may consist of delegate attendance, individual’s performance, qualification results and training outcomes and feedback reports
- we may use this information to improve our products, services and help us understand the public’s training needs
- to contact you in relation to your training with SA Safety Limited. For example, this may be for health and safety information prior to your training to enable our instructors to be prepared and create a safe training environment for you. This may be by telephone, email or post
- to enable us to fulfil our statutory requirements
- your information may be provided to public bodies such as the Police, NHS, HSE and other possible non-statutory organisations when required
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. This means we have implemented new procedures and policies within SA Safety Limited to effectively train all our employee’s in data protection regulations and to uphold a strong, systematic approach to securing your personal data.
Controlling your personal information and your rights
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to know what information is held about you. The new Data Protection Act:
- makes our data protection laws fit for the digital age in which an ever-increasing amount of data is being processed
- empowers people to take control of their data
- supports UK businesses and organisations through the change
- ensure that the UK is prepared for the future after we have left the EU
If you would like to know more about your rights as an individual and further information please click on this link, this will take you to the ICO website. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. You may exercise your rights at any time, please contact our Compliance Officer at SA Safety Limited.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us and we will promptly correct any information.
SA Safety Limited
2 Homers Lane
Email: [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you would like further assistance, advice or are dissatisfied with the information you have received regarding any of the above, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Tel: 01625 545700.